With the workshop “How to go Virtual” we have developed a format to give theatres and venues the chance to easily get in touch with virtual reality and to test possible applications. The workshop gives an overview of the different application possibilities of VR in the theatre and enables the use of different VR workflows in practice. In addition to theoretical parts (explanations of terms, technical details), a great deal of emphasis will be placed on practice, both in trying out existing applications and programmes and in actually playing through own use scenarios of VR as a visualisation, design, construction and communication medium in the theatre.
On 9.3.2020, a first kick-off workshop with all partners involved took place in the Konzerthaus Berlin. Here a good overview of virtual working in the theatre and event sector in general could be worked out and common goals and the key points for the development of the minimum requirements of a tool could be drafted.
This work will now be continued in the mobile workshops. VR Coach Vincent Kaufmann has already held workshops with the teams from the theatre der jungen Generation Dresden and soon with the Landestheater Neuss.
Questions that will be examined there:
- What does a workflow for the execution of digital “virtual” construction samples look like?
- Which data sets are necessary, how must they be prepared? (Import interfaces, Vectorworks, Autocad, Megacad?)
- How does the “Virtual Construction Rehearsal” integrate into the creation process of a theatre production?
- Who produces the respective “virtual building sample”? Definition of the cooperation of scenographers / stage designers and technical departments of the theatres or 3D specialists?
- Where does this work take place, in which setting is the result used?
- Who uses the “virtual building trial” how? (director, artistic director, TDs, stage designer)
- How are the data records integrated into the respective applications?
- What results are produced? (Export interfaces)
- What is the difference between VR and AR (Tracking?)
Cooperation partners / workshop participants: Konzerthaus Berlin, theatre of the young generation Dresden, Estrel Berlin, AVE Verhengsten GmbH & Co, / LoopLight, Friedrichstadt-Palast Berlin, Luisenburg Wunsiedel, mo2 design , students of the Beuth-Hochschule Berlin theatre and event technology
News about this project
“How to go virtual?!” Workshop for freelance stage designers – together with the association “Bund der Szenografen”
To raise awareness of digital and virtual tools in theater, digital.DTHG created the workshop series “How to go virtual?!” and has now expanded the format for freelance scenographers and set designers.weiterlesen
After one year of project duration, the project managers Franziska Ritter and Pablo Dornhege present interim results of the project “Virtual Stage Rehearsal” at the Bühnentechnische Tagung.weiterlesen